Meddoc website address for info and location:
Cumberland Lodge website for info and location:
KSS Deanery Dates:
For dates of Deanery training days / workshops / committee dates please check the KSS website regularly on:
For CSA Examination dates and registration dates please check the RCGP website on:
AKT Examination Dates:
Medway VTS 2021-22
ST1 / ST2 / ITP’s /ST3
Medway GP Specialist Training Programme
Lunch Time VTS Sessions for ST1 / ST2 / ITP’s:
Theme for this term:
TERM 1 - 'MAINTAINING PERFORMANCE / LEARNING & TEACHING'
1. Venue: The Post Grad Centre at Medway Maritime Hospital
2. Times: 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm
3. Format: Informal discussion / presentation / debate focusing on the curriculum topic specified on the timetable below
4. Structure: 20 minutes themed lecture / 20 minutes AKT question and Answer / 20 minutes issues and questions
5. Food / Drink: We aim to provide coffee / juice / crisps /biscuit - please bring your own sandwiches.
6. PLEASE NOTE TRAINEES ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND A MINIMUM OF 70% of POSSIBLE SESSIONS
VTS Sessions for the ST3’s (and ITP’s): 2.15 - 5.00pm
Theme for this term:
For ST3’s ‘Developing appropriate consultation Skills and community mediation’
Sessions: In order to accommodate outside speakers the timing of each session will be flexible but as a rule the afternoon will commence at 2.30 p.m. and finish at 5.00 p.m. and include:
Seminar topic session / guest speaker
GPST CSA Role play (autumn term)
GPSR Case Study Presentations (spring and summer terms)
‘Hot topics’ Open discussion
PLEASE NOTE: TO ENSURE WE FINSH BY 5.00 pm CAN I ASK YOU ARRIVE TO COMMENCE PROMPTLY AT 2.15 pm.
Location : At Canterbury Christ Church University or the Post grad centre at Medway Maritime Hospital – please see programme / website for directions to get to the University.
Case Study Presentation: In recognition of the wealth of expertise within the group, during the spring and summer terms each member of the group will prepare and present a short case study relating to the discipline / speciality within which they have experience – an emphasis being placed on aspects that would be pertinent for General Practice. Each presentation will last for 20 minutes with 10 minutes for question / discussion. Please swap your session with a colleague if you are unable to do that day.
Theme for the Autumn term -
For ST3’s ‘Developing appropriate consultation Skills’
· Commence promptly at 2.15 – 2.30 – coffee / catch up
· 2.30 – 3.00 -
First session focuses on the theory and practice of consultation skills (PD led session). This will be followed up each week through the use of weekly themed consultation topics: for example - breaking bad news / explaining complex diagnosis or treatments to patients.
Following the introductory week two trainees will be identified to lead a role play / discussion on an identified topic related to consultation skills - 10 minute role play followed by 10 min feedback / discussion
- 3.00 – 4.00 speaker
- 4.00 – 5.00 hot topics - themed from previous week i.e. trainees to make note of patients who attend with 'a list of aliments'- how do they manage ??
- No registrar presentations first term
PLEASE NOTE THE DATES OF THE SESSIONS GIVEN BY THE HOSPITAL CONSULTANTS HAVE YET TO BE CONFIRMED AND THEREFORE MAY CHANGE